Estate planning is the process of planning for the distribution and management of one’s personal affairs and property after he or she passes away. It is important to begin this process as early as possible as we never know when a tragic accident will befall us or our loved ones. Our attorneys can provide assistance and advice in all phases of estate planning. We work with each client to develop distribution of wealth goals and to prepare the instruments necessary to carry them out in the most cost-effective and tax-conscientious manner through the use of:
- Powers of attorney.
- Beneficiary deeds.
- Other beneficiary designations.
- Living wills.
We also assist in post-death administration of estates, helping individuals during those difficult times with care, consideration and expertise. Our attorneys can assist you with:
- Probate administration.
- Trust administration.
- Fiduciary responsibilities.
- Advising personal representatives and trustees.
- Conservatorship and guardianship issues.
- Preparing inventories and accountings.
- Distributing property.
- Closing estates and trusts.
Our subspecialties in this field include:
- Tax planning advice.
- 1031 exchanges.
- Irrevocable and revocable trusts.
Gerald W. Steinbrenner email
Michael Bybee email